Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 03: …Learning New Things…

Though it was one of the busiest weeks, I managed to complete the tasks and discussion threads. I am planning to do my project on a web-based English language learning course and was on a hunt for good web pages for developing aural and oral skills. This week’s task on discussion thread provided me with not only a large number of websites to be used but also the knowledge about how useful they are. I am already planning to include many of those websites to my web-based English language learning course.

Then the task on creating the Delicious page opened up a new world of possibilities to keep and keep track of the useful web sites by providing the opportunity to handle them on one page and share useful websites with our peers. This also can be incorporated into my courses where I get my students to create their own Delicious pages and use the very useful websites to improve their English.

And, writing the blog itself is highly effective where I get an opportunity to contemplate on what I learned, how useful it is and how I can apply the newly learnt things to my TLA activities. Though, I was just writing the blogs in the past two weeks, it was in this week that I fully realized how important the activity of writing the blog is.

Tharanga  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tharanga- Sounds like you are doing well in the class, though busy. I am glad you are thinking about the final project, and about ways to incorporate these tools we are trying with your students.
    ~Robert

    ReplyDelete