Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 08: …online tools, creating an online activity, rough draught and peer review…

I am convinced that I am now getting what I expected most in the course. Getting to know about ANVILL and other online tools, this week equipped me with a lot of new tools and ideas as to how to use them effectively to give the best we can to our students and see the maximum performance that they can make. Taking part in the discussion enriched understanding, issues and applicability of these tools and how we can exploit these tools to make our students independent learners which will in turn lead to learner autonomy.  

Until I learnt about the tools such as those in ANVILL and ones such as Hot Potatoes this week, how people made online quizzes, drag and drop activities, etc was a puzzle to me. I was thinking language teachers hired computer programmers to create them. There are a lot of tools that we can use to create authentic material to meet our purposes. These tools are user friendly and easy to handle.

Writing the rough drought of the final project was another step in the process of writing the project. It was interesting writing it. It also had a research orientation in it where, we identify a problem, suggest a solution, test it (if teaching now) and, if we want, come out with a discussion and conclusion. I am planning to carry out the project for the benefit of my students and write a research paper, based on the outcomes of the test of the project.

This is the first time, I think, I did a peer review on a project in a formal manner like this. It was also good experience doing that and learning how to do it, which we can apply in similar activities in our future.

Tharanga

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that although the workload is week is quite much, it is rewarding and very practical. I also find it interesting and beneficial to learn from our classmates' project plans.

    ReplyDelete