Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 6: …engaging students, the best practices and interactive PowerPoint, a step ahead in the project…

From the readings and discussion of Teaching Large Classes, and Using Technology in Teaching Large Classes, this week I learnt a lot of new things such as ConcepThinks, ConcepMaps, Scripted Cooperative Learning, etc and how we can implement those concepts or tools to enhance student learning in large classes. Going beyond just learning how to incorporate those into TLA activities, we learnt how to apply new technology to those tools and make them more effective to make the outcomes even highly effective.

After learning about the best practices and interactive PowerPoint, I felt that The presentations, I used to give, were very flat and lacked interest, interaction and effectiveness. Reading, discussing and learning about the best practices and interactive PowerPoint, I gained a lot of confidence not only to create a very good interactive powerpoint, but also to teach my students how to create a very effective presentation.

Creating the short interactive PowerPoint presentation was itself a lot interesting and the experience was a lot rewarding as it made me feel more confident about creating more and more better presentations.
I started writing my real project this week, which made me think about many possibilities that were open for me to design my WebBased English language learning course. But, I am now a little nervous, whether I have embarked on a very heavy project, that I will not be able to manage within the time-framework of the course.

Looking forward to week 6.

Tharanga

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tharanga
    Yes, our class is limited in time and scope. It is not bad to limit your topics for the project, at least for what you deal with in our class.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete