Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 05: …PBL, web-quest, rubric, a potential change…

Once again, it was a week with a lot of new experience and learning. Introduction to project based learning was new experience and the opportunity to extend it to a web-quest opened up new possibilities to make LTLA (language teaching learning and assessment) activities more interesting and effective. Though time constraints did not permit me to do one this week, I am going to try it and incorporate it into my intended English language course.


I used to use rubrics for LTLA activities in my classes, but  they were all ones done by other people.  This week Icreated my first rubric and doing it with Rubistar was fun and interesting. This also gives the opportunity to attach web-based rubrics to the main web page of a course or relevant sections of a web page.


Writing about a potential change, provided the opportunity to be creative and think about various ways that technology can solve problems and come out with one best solution. We still have the opportunity to try our solutions in the time to come.

All in all, it was a very productive week and writing the blog at the end of the week keeps my writing skills also improving. I remember one of my teachers telling me if I wanted to improve my writing to write about something at least for 45 minutes everyday. I know I am doing it now, some during the week and the blog at the end of the week.


Tharanga


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tharanga

    I had a teacher once who said, if you are to teach writing then you should be writing. I feel the same about giving presentations, and now also using technology.

    So to follow the same line of reasoning, it sounds like if we are going to ask students to incorporate new technology into their learning, then we should be actively using new technology ourselves as well. Then we remember what it is like to learn something new again.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete